Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ischnura senegalensis

Ischnura senegalensis is a small size but robust damselfly species normally found at open distribut grassy habitats. It likes marshes and grassy lake sides. The male is in blue and greenish colour, and the tail has blue marking. However, the female is quite variable. There are three colour forms for female - male-like colour, olive colour and orange colour. I have seen male-like and orange colour forms of female. I should pay extra attention to olive colour form female, and I just need a good photo of olive colour form female for my photo collection......


a male I. senegalensis


a pair of I. senegalensis in wheel. The female has male-like colour.


a orange colour female of I. senegalensis


P/S: Click here to see olive green form female.